Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lightweight Car Trailer Is My Dad's Car Strong Enough To Pull A Horse Trailer And Will It Ruin The Engine?

Is my dad's car strong enough to pull a horse trailer and will it ruin the engine? - lightweight car trailer

I want my beautiful horse to compete. My father did not 4x4, but a car over 1650cc or something. I just want a horse and trailer happened lightweight.What take your engine if IFF tow a trailer with your vehicle? Please help as I am to compete as soon as possible! Thank you xx

3 comments:

george d said...

Personally, I did not draw a trailer with a small engine. It may well be on the ground, but the world is full of mountains that rise and rise. You do not need a motor with high power PS, but better with high torque - a turbo-diesel at least 1.9 liters, and the tractor, I think that the size Peugeot 406 start / 407, Ford Mondeo, Opel Vectra. As the equivalent of transporting the animals must be paid more attention to when pulling a load of "static", especially when the acceleration / braking and curves. Imagine 500 kg before the move, with its own head behind you.

Howard L said...

It may not be able to escape safely. Read to know the manual for the car owners, which the weight of the trailer must, to be sure. A horse and a trailer slightly over 1500 pounds. Besides the damage to the engine or the transmission of an accident, can burn, not because the brakes stop the car, the extra weight.

S Csparky said...

Yes, it is well run the engine enough power for that!

Post a Comment